I’ve MIA a little recently. It’s been rather busy as we prepare for the arrival of our little girl as there’s not long to go now, just 5 weeks but we’ve also just bought our first house. We’ve been consumed with legal papers, and equally important things but we’re now onto doing more interesting tasks though like interior design, and really thinking about how we want to style house along with using the the furniture we already have. With that in mind I’m back with a post about some of my interior inspirations and ideas.
1.Leaf Print Storage Baskets -JD William Plants and bringing the outside, in is something both me and my husband have always been passionate about. It was actually our wedding theme and it’s a style that is really big for this season. I’m seeing monstero leaves on products so when I saw these sweet leaf print storage baskets from JD Williams, I knew they would be perfect for storage in any room. They’re simple yet stylish.
2. Stockholm desk from Next I love to have a little desk area in the house even if it’s just a tiny space in the corner of a room. It’s a space where you can go, you can collect your work things and you don’t have to invade the dining table or the sofa with your computer etc. It also looks great and if you have an actual area you can also think about your posture more too. I love this Stockholm Desk from Next. It’ll fit into the smallest of spaces and is everything you need from a desk. It has storage, is small and looks great. What a beaut!
3. Westcott no footend double bed with storage from Next Beds with storage seem to be a great move. Extra storage under the bed which is easy to get to and is part of a bed that looks great too is exactly what ottoman beds are for . They also have a lot of space for a good mattress which is always important. I love this Wescott Double bed from Next as it’s a great price too.
4. Hudson Fixed Table from Next Keeping with the ‘bringing the outside in’ theme, while I’ve been checking out pinterest I’ve fallen in love with big wooden tables. Again Next have come to the rescue because as I’ve seen a corker of a table in this Hudson Fixed Table from Next My husband is quite tall at 6,2 and he looks for specifics in a table other than price, if it would fit in with room and if it looks stylish. He thinks about things such as whether he can get his legs under and back out without banging them, are the table legs really annoying or is the main desk too low. I’m happy to say this one passes all of those points so we might have to add it to our furniture collection.
5. 3-seater Velvet Carnaby Sofa from Debenhams Buying a sofa is a really personal thing to do, you spend a lot of time in the living room and you can have a lot of ideas about what you want. The main thing we’ve been looking at are that due to us having bad posture on our current sofa, we really want to get something that has a proper back to it with fitted cushions and not one that make you sprawl out. This one is perfect for that and it comes in a gorgeous blue velvet 3 seater from Debenhams too. Only time will tell if we end up making a statement with colourful sofa or playing it safe with a grey one. What are your thoughts?
6. Artwork from Iamfy Last up in my inspiration Wish list are pictures. When you’re feeling a little lost about decor and maybe you’ve not much time to get sorted, pictures can be a somewhat cheap and cheerful way of decorating. This soft blue and gold gradient cubes Art Print from Iamfy looks amazing with the combination of colours and metallic. It’s different, but more than that having pictures in a space makes the space feel different, homely somehow especially if you’re a art lover like me.
Are you moving house or restyling a room at the moment? What’s your inspiration for your interiors? Let me know in the comments below.
*not sponsored 🙂