I’m off to Berlin next week with my husband as it’s our wedding anniversary – three years, how did that even happen. The weather is getting colder so I’ve put together a few things that might be nice to wear for this special trip away.
1. First up is this gorgeous red and black skirt from H and M, it’s the star style of skirt for the season and the print of this one is so pretty. It will go perfectly with a black t-shirt or an all in one and a leather jacket.
2. Next up is this gorgeous long sleeve black and white spot dress from New Look. In the Autumn I live in these dresses with heels and a cute cardigan or jacket. This one is perfect for walking around the city, and exploring, teamed with some trainers.
3. Next up is this gorgeous Ted Baker dress. I love the Kyoto Gardens pattern and the style, it’s so effortless to wear. Teamed with a pair of heels and a pale jacket it’s perfect for a wedding but teamed with cardi or a leather jacket and some heels. This outfit is perfect for an anniversary meal.
4. I saw someone wearing a beautiful and unique pair of Converse on the train the other day. I spend most of my time running errands, and walking a lot of miles especially when exploring a new city like Berlin so this black leather pair of Converse with white soles seemed perfect. They’ll go with everything.
5. Debenhams shoe hall is full of amazing designer dupes. I love these Faith lace up boots particularly as they’re really fab dupes for the Gucci heels that are everywhere right now. They’ll go with skirts and jeans and see you right through Winter too. Bonus!
6. Finally I’ve been looking for a red bag for the last few months that would go with my wardrobe and I think this might be the one. As I’ve said before red is going to be big this season, so this Belsize bag from Hobbs with it’s cross strap and its smaller size will be great for travelling as well as every day use.
Have you been loving any of the items in this weeks wish list? Let me know in the comments below or over on my Twitter.
The weather is starting to get a little colder and that means that the knits, jeans and jackets are out. It’s actually my favourite time of the year as I love layers and the fashion. So with that in mind I thought a voucher for one of my favourite online shops would be perfect for a giveaway. Yes, £20 for ASOS.
If you want to enter all you have to do is add me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with the chart below. A little added extra is to retweet a little message to all your friends to let them know about the competition. The competition is open to UK only and it ends on Monday 2nd October.
* Due to popular demand I’ve decided to extend this competition to Saturday 6th October.
Well hello there! I hope you’re having a fab Monday and the weekend treated you well. I had a great time travelling back home to enjoy the street arts on offer at the wonderful Out There Festival. While I was driving back I heard the new single from a band I haven’t thought of for a long while, and thought I’d feature them in this week’s Music Monday.
The band in question are the girls from Hiam – a trio of sisters who dropped some of the biggest Indie tunes of 2013 and 2014, releasing quite a few singles from their album Days are Gone which were massive hits. They’ve been away for a few years since then working on new material and side projects, but now they’re back with a new album and their single Want You Back.
The track is a huge indie anthem featuring a slightly more refined and dare I say more mature sound from the girls, with jangly telecaster guitars replaced with acoustic guitars and pianos. Don’t get me wrong, this isn’t a ballad – it’s just not the raw indie power that they displayed a few years back. Nonetheless I’m looking forward to giving their new album a spin – it’s great to have them back!
Take a listen below and Tweet me and let me know what you’ve been playing lately.
Crabtree and Evelyn are well known for their hand creams and body lotions so when I had the chance to try their new La Source collection recently I jumped at the chance. With ingredients such as underwater algae, seaweed and mineral salts the collection rejuvenates, conditions and invigorates the skin. The scent of the products are subtle but fresh and using them makes me feel like I’ve just stepped into a luxe Spa.
There are now around 30 products in this range and I’ve sampled just a few of my favourites. The first product I tried out was the hydrating body lotion which is light weight and the combination of vitamin A and Shea butter along with the glycerin really hydrates the skin. The product absorbs quickly but still leaves the skin feeling nourished which is something that I always look for in lotions.
My hands are often dry and sore so I’m always looking for a good hand cream. The La Source hand therapy is ultra – hydrating and smells just like the rest of the collection, fresh and luxurious. The hand cream is thick but very nourishing and a little goes a long way. It’s really not oily either.
The La Source Hydrating Foot Soak is a product that always seems to be out of stock on line in my experience but if you can get you’re hands on it, you’ll be onto a winner . It’s ultra hydrating as my feet felt very soft and moisturised after just 10 minutes. A foot soak is great for unwinding and this was down to the combination of the aquatic scent and fizzy formula.
The La source collection is a one I’ll be going back to again and again especially the hand creme. I already have my eye on more products that I want to try out.
Have you tried any of the La Source products or maybe you have your eye on a few of the products too. Let me know in the comments below or over on Twitter. I’d love to her your thoughts.
*Samples sent from the lovely people at Crabtree and Evelyn
Happy Music Monday! I hope you had an amazing weekend full of adventure and fun! This week’s track is from a big favourite of mine and someone who I’ve featured here quite a few times – Toro Y Moi.
Toro Y Moi is the alias of Chaz Bundick, a singer/producer/musician and DJ from South Carolina who is known for his part in creating the Chillwave genre around 5 years ago. Back then his tracks featured a ton of retro synths and slower rhythms which were soon copied by other artists hopping on the Chillwave bandwagon. This resulted in Chaz looking for ideas in other genres, with his last album What For? exploring psychedelic, country and acoustic rock with mixed success.
On this new track Girl Like You Chaz returns to what he does best with his signature sound – gone are the country rock experiments – this is the Toro Y Moi we all know and love. It feels great to have him back and this track is incredible. It’s slower, synthier and more chilled than anything we’ve had from him for years and I love it!
Take a listen below and Tweet me and let me know what you’ve been playing lately.
I love a good wish list and I’ve put together one with lots of products for Autumn. Fresh colours, lots of textures but also fun stylish pieces. Keep reading if you want to know more.
1. First up is this gorgeous black dress bodycon with polo neck, it’s a gorgeous yet simple number that would be equally stylish with a jacket and Converse, thigh high flat boots or heels. A perfect basic for Autumn!
3. Everyone needs something cute in their wardrobe and this Asos cat t-shirt is super cute! A t-shirt is perfect for lounging around the house but will look amazing teamed with a mini skirt, leather jacket and heels.
4. I’ve been on the hunt for a quirky yet classic little bag and this Karl Lagerfeld Ikonic shoulder bag seems right up my street. Karl Lagerfeld bags are bold, different but somehow they always stay classic and on trend to the end. I love the size, and shape. It will really make every outfit pop.
6. The shearling jacket has been huge this past year and the trend shows no signs of disappearing. I found this Boohoo contrast aviator style jacket . It’s super cool and will keep you toasty warm too. I might be jumping to buy this one before it sells out.
7. Last but by no means least are these swish Pretty Little Thing pearl embellished jeans. I love this trend as it’s so delicate and bold. It’s a statement design that only a few people can get away with. Have you tried them?
Have you been loving any of these products, or maybe you recently purchased some of these. Let me know in the comments below or on my Twitter!
Happy Music Monday! Hope you’re weekend has been full of fun and laughter.
This weeks music monday is a fab song called La Bicicleta or The Bicycle from Colombian singers Shakira and Carlos Vives. The upbeat Spanish collaboration has already been out a year but I’m still addicted to it’s catchy beats. It features the duo reminiscing about their younger years in their home town, the video actually sees them visit many places and it’s obvious that nostalgia on their mind. It also incorporates quite a lot of Columbian influence as there are wind instruments and accordions included too.
The track has already topped the Spanish charts and has won both record of the year and song of the year at the latin grammy awards in 2016. It has also gone on to win song of the year again and Tropical song of the year at this years Premios Lo Nuestro Awards.
What do you think to this weeks song and will you be listening to it constantly like me, let me know in the comments below or on Twitter.
There are so many beautiful things in the shops at the moment and I thought that I would share a few of my favourite pieces. Here’s my Wednesday Wishlist!
1.First up is this gorgeous floral print ruffle dress from Missguided. This dress is so effortless and pretty. It would be perfect with a little pair of heels in the Autumn or a pair of ankle boots and jacket.
2.Next up is a brand that I have written about many times before Olivia Burton. You know me, I love anything with a bee on it and this open ended bee bracelet is ultra gorgeous – It would add that perfect final touch to any outfit!
3.I noticed this daisy print by a brand called Nobody’s Child on Asos the other day and I’ve been day dreaming of it ever since. It’s so pretty with the polka dots on the dark background with a small floral print. Short dresses are so in right now too.
4.I’m a big fan of peplum tops when they’re done well and this high necked lace peplum top from Missguided is really cute. Missguided definitely really are killing it with their latest collection this season!
5. I love designer accessories like everyone but I’m not always so keen on the price tag that comes with them so when this Prada-esque bag from New Look popped up on my screen recently I went a little crazy. It fits so much in and would be perfect for any outfit. It’s a must buy.
6. The last dress that I’ve picked out is this pretty Oasis meets ZSL dress. It’s covered in animals of all kinds hiding in the foliage. It’s so pretty and kinda bold too so I just had to pop it in the wishlist. I love the plunge neckline as it’s perfect for an evening out or just a summers day enjoying the sun.
7. Last but no means least is the GHD curling wand. Curled hair is always in and I would love to use a curling wand that makes a curly hair style a little quicker to put together and I think this might be the wand to help with that. They’re expensive but really worth the money.
Are you loving these products as much as me? Are you planning to buy any of these or do you already own some of them? Let me know over on my twitter.
Hope you’ve had a fantastic bank holiday weekend! I had picnic at the beach with my husband and had a walk around a lovely seaside town called Aldeburgh.
Ever since I have been young I’ve really loved dancing. Performing, watching, rehearsing and reviewing. It’s been a big part of my life and it continues to constantly inspire me. Recently I’ve loved Kyle Hanagami, a choreographer for Jennifer Lopez and many other American artists. His Youtube videos are insane and last week he choreographed some awesome movement to this weeks track What about us by Pink.
The track features Pink’s powerful vocals over an on trend EDM track and the video itself features a lot of choreographed dance too. The song is the first single from her new album Beautiful Trauma out on October 13th. Check out the official video and Kyle Hanagami’s choreography below.
Tweet me and let me know what you’ve been listening to this week.
This month has been a great one for favourites so lets get straight into it and have a look at July’s Favourites.
I’ve been testing out this Garnier Nourishing Botanical Toner Honey Flower for a review that I did for the Really Ree site. I always find that it’s best to use these types of product in combination with another to cleanse fully but for me I found this was quick and easy to use. It doesn’t smell and it’s also really light on the skin, so light in fact that it just feel like water. I’ve been using it non stop since I got it.
My husband bought the Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey fragrance for my birthday and I’ve been wearing it ever since. It’s light, delicate and fruity. Perfect for Summer and theres no way it could miss out on a place in my favourites.
I’m a big fan of Youtubers so when Louise Pentland came out with a number 1 best selling book Wilde like Me, I couldn’t just pass me by so I bought it so see what all the fuss was about. I actually loved it and although I usually love to read books really quickly, I saved this one for the evenings just before bed to wind down to instead of reading my phone. I have to buy more because it’s something I’ve really enjoyed as well as the story.
The L’oreal Colour Riche polishes are pretty lovely. With their gorgeous textured bottle through to the colour that really lasts on the nail. This one in Rue Cremieux in a muted pink will go with any outfit and add that extra feminine touch.
Charlotte Tilbury is really smashing it at the moment and this new Beauty Glow palette is something that I’ve been enjoying using quite a lot. The seven products are numbered so it’s easy to use and the blend beautifully. I really love the highlighter and the centre blush too as they’re so pretty.
Have you got any of these products and love them as much as me or maybe you’re thinking of picking one or more of them up? Let me know in the comments below.