My birthday is rapidly approaching and one of my favourite posts to write every year is my birthday wish list with some of the products that I’ve been lusting over and why. This years products have a little bit of a theme as they’re unintentionally very pink/nude.
1.First up is this super cute Olivia Burton ladies Midi 3D Bee Grey Dial & Rose Gold Watch. If you’ve been following me for a while you’ll know I love a bee on anything and everything so this watch ticks all of he boxes for me. I love all of the Olivia Burton watches, and colours but I’ve chosen this darker grey as I feel it would be a little more durable. It would be an amazing accent for any outfit too.
2. The Armani Si Nacre Edition perfume is super pretty. It’s a little on the pricey side but it’s limited edition. It has a glitter that runs through it which comes out when sprayed and leaves a subtle sparkle on your clothes or body. The perfume smells amazing with top notes of apricot that lingers so beautifully. What’s not to love.
3. Next up is an Apple iPad. This might seem like an extravagant thing to go on my wish list but I watch and listen to quite a lot of films, music and programs and I thought that maybe an iPad might be a good way of playing these. It’s also so much more portable than my main computer and much lighter too which means no arm pain from dragging around my heavy laptop everywhere. Bonus!
4. Pink Vans are trainers that I’ve been wanting to get my hands on for a while. I love the vintage look and these Vans scream vintage with that stripe and the style but they’re still ultra cool. They’ll also go with loads of outfits, from summer dresses to jeans and a leather jacket.
5. One of my favourite make up products that I would love to own is the Too Faced Natural Matte palette. It’s so pretty, has great product pay off and is really natural too. It’s also very photogenic.
Are you loving any of the products in my birthday wish list, maybe you have one or two of them and you want to give me your reviews or maybe you’re planning on getting a few of them too? Let me know in the comments below.
June is always a busy month for me. Aside from my own birthday and all the summer shenanigans that fill up every weekend, it’s also my dad’s birthday and of course Father’s Day. It can be tough to know what to buy for my Dad, he’s one of those people who has everything he wants, and if he sees something he fancies he’ll just get it. This year he’s in for a real treat however, because the lovely people at L’Occitane got in touch and offered to help out.
Aftershave is always a great male gift idea, I find men are less personal about their scent as long as it smells fantastic. With that in mind I decided to pick out L’Occitane’s Cologne Cedrat Collection. The scent mixes citrus, aqua and a spicy ginger to create something fresh and exotic.
The Cedrat collection features a 75ml Eau de Toilette, a shower gel and a deodorant, so the scent can get daily wear or just for special occasions. I love it, and while I haven’t really thought of L’Occitane for men’s fragrance in the past I’m excited to see what they have later this year for Christmas!
The L’Occitane’s Cologne Cedrat Collection is available online or at most department stores, usually for around £79.00.
What are you getting your dad for Father’s day this year? Hop on Twitter and share your gift ideas.
In collaboration with the lovely people at L’Occitane
Hope you all had a fantastic long Easter Weekend and it was filled with chocolate, fun and spending time with lots of family.
If you weren’t loving the chocolate though, this gorgeous little set from L’Occitane maybe more up your street. There are two sets in both Almond, and Cherry Blossom which includes the mini Amande shower gel, delicious soup an the hand and nail cream.
The sets are so cute and who can say no to a minis collection, they’re just so handy for travelling and going on little trips like I have coming up soon. They’re now in the sale too so you might be able to get yourself a little bargain if your quick.
Let me know what you got up to over the weekend and if you’re loving these gorgeous little min collections as much as me.
*Products sent from the lovely ladies at L’Occitane
While I’m going to try not to sound like a weather girl, it seems the country is just starting to get over all the snow that has hit the UK in the last few weeks with some areas up in the North still having lots of fun in the snow. It’s still super fresh where we are and that’s meant that we’ve still had every excuse to wrap up warm, drink lots of hot chocolate and eat hearty vegan food. If you’ve not guessed, although I love to layer up and get cozy in big jumpers, the cold is not something that I enjoy much although a good snow ball fight and a toboggan down the hill is always fun.
One thing that the cold weather often brings for me at least thats not wanted so much is dry and sore, cracked and chapped hands. I spend hours drinking water, and constantly applying hand cream to alleviate Jack Frost’s bite. When I received a parcel from L’occitane recently to try out their new hand products I breathed a sigh of relief.
The 1 minute hand scrub was top of my list to try, although not that new of a product it is great for the hands. The rich blend of luxurious apricot oil and soothing allantoin with an interesting infusion of crushed Shea nut husks really helps alleviate the dryness. The product is rich and creamy which means that you don’t need a lot of it and it really does the job of removing those horrid dried and dead skin cells. It’s heavy duty so if your hands are super sore, chapped and very dry this will do the trick. You’ll soon be left with silky velvety hands.
The next product I was interested to try was this beautiful Shea Nail and Cuticle nourishing oil. I’ve tried lots of nail oils and none have been wonder products, however lots of people call this product the miracle nail oil and I have to agree. Nail oils can help nail bed look healthier, stronger with less pealing if that’s something you suffer from and I’ve found this has really helped my nails in the way.
Lastly I have to mention this beautiful hand cream – it’s in the Limited Edition Rifle Paper Co. packaging with is stunning in both the pink and blue design. The hand cream is the Shea butter hand cream. It’s a lovely combination of honey, almond extract and coconut oil with Shea Butter. It’s thick, not greasy and it really does the trick when you have chapped hands or if you’re like me split hands. eek! It helps them heal quicker and soothes them as well as put back some of that all important moisture too. I’ve been carrying it around with me everywhere and reaching for it when ever my hands get ultra sore. I really don’t know what I would do without this stuff.
Overall if you want to be kind to you hands and get results, I’ve found that L’Occitane hand products are definitely some products to try and you really won’t be disappointed.
Let me know if you’ve been using these products and what you think of them in the comments below.
It’s a rainy Saturday morning where I am so I thought it was time for another giveaway and this time I’ve chosen a £20 voucher from Urban Decay. I really enjoy using the eye palettes that they have, I have most of the Naked palettes and they’ve recently brought out a few gorgeous palettes. The most recent being the Naked Petite Heat palette which is really pretty.
With that in mind lets get to the giveaway details. I’d love it if you could add me on Twitter and Instagram if you haven’t already using the chart below as well as retweeting a little message all about the giveaway. For an added bonus you could also like my page on Facebook.
The giveaway ends on Sunday 25th March. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Mother’s Day is rapidly approaching with just a few days to go. While some people don’t make a big deal of this day I remember as a kid, creeping downstairs to make my mum breakfast, normally orange juice and jammy toast with some treats to take up to her in bed. We show the lovely ladies in our lives that we care about them everyday in our own ways but Mothers day for me is a time to really spoil them. More importantly a day when we’re actually aloud to spoil them too. I wanted to pull together some of my favourite items to gift to my mum.
1. Even if you get the ladies in your life nothing else, make sure you give them some flowers. Not everyone likes them because the beauty has to come to an end at some point but for the majority, you’ll put a huge smile on their faces that won’t disappear for a while. These gorgeous flowers – the Spring Meadow bouquet are from Bloom and Wild.
2. Make up is a personal yet perfect choice for Mother’s day. Bobbi Brown have some beautiful products and covers a range of colours and styles. These Crushed Lip Colour Lipsticks are stunning and there’s a colour for everyone so they’re perfect as a present. My favourite is Lilac as it’s soft yet definitely a statement.
3. Katie Loxton London is well known for her purses and pouches but she also does amazing scarfs. I love this slate grey Love Love Love Scarf, it’s so stylish and would be a fab addition to anyones wardrobe.
4. If you’re feeling a little spendy, Liz Earle is a skin care brand that is well loved and this set includes some of the star products. The Cleanse and Polish with 2 cotton cloths, Instant Boost Skin Tonic, Skin Repair Moisturiser and the Superskin Eye Cream and it comes with a blossom design make up bag. It’s luxurious and it really works. Your skin will feel silky smooth and look amazing too so what better pressie to get for your loved ones!
5. A great fresh smelling candle to make your room feel ultra cozy is something most ladies love. This White Company Seychelles collection candle is a combination of fresh bergamot, bright orange and rich amber topped off with notes of coconut, vanilla and almond. It oozes luxury and would be perfect for one of those extra special present. It’s also a great price.
6. My final gift choice is this amazing fragrance from Armani – it’s the Si Nacre Edition . It’s one of my current favourite scents especially as it is ultra sparkly when you shake and activate the particles. It’s amazing for those special events and it really does smell amazing. There are top notes of Sicilian Bergamot, Mandarin oil and Cassis. Mid notes of Rose, Neroli and Jasmine. And the base notes are Patchouli and Amber. It’s such a light scent for the Spring/Summer seasons.
Let me know if you’ll be buying any of these lovely products in the comments below or over on Twitter.
The colder weather calls for moisturising products to help keep your skin feeling fresh. Along with a more winter friendly skin care regime, I’ve also changed up my make up slightly. There are a few trusty products that I keep going back to so I’ve gathered them together and popped them in a post to share with you.
First up is a light weight brightening cream from Rosie by Autograph at Marks & Spencers, one of the main products from the collaboration with model Rosie Huntington Whitely. This product gives a beautiful radiant glow when layered lightly over the skin and it’s also a great base to work with too. It’s moisturising and can be worn on it’s own for those lazy days or under foundation for a more dressed up look. It also has a low level SPF in which is great on those days when you’re out in the sun a little. Best of all, it leaves my skin looking more healthy even when I’m not feeling it and it’s good for both vegetarians and vegans to use which is an added bonus.
Next up is Bye Bye Under Eye from It Cosmetics. As I’ve said before, I’ve heard a lot of bloggers and Youtubers rave about this concealer so when I recently saw it in Selfridges, I nabbed a few testers to see what the fuss was about. When applied, it feels like a wonder product as when warmed up and applied in the under eye area, it really does conceal. It is heavy though so the one thing that I’ve noticed is that with great application comes a great setting powder and a fab make up remover/ cleansing routine in the evening. Trust me your skin will thank me and needless to say I went back to get the full size too.
Next up is the Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Glow palette. It has three gorgeous eye shadows in that help you gain a great day time look. Start with the lightest first all over the lid, pop the middle colour over the middle and outer edge of the eye with a little to be pulled underneath. Leaving the darkest colour to be fluffed into the crease. Darken this up a little more for an evening look too.
Next up is the contour, now I don’t use this much as it’s a tad dark for my colouring but pop a hint just under the cheek bones in a line towards your ear and blend in till theres just a hint of colour. You could also go around the hair line lightly, down each side of your nose lightly and under the edge of your jaws. Looks great! Next up is the blush, theres two in this palette, the top one is a little dark for me so I just use the lighter one as a pop of colour. It looks so pretty.
Lastly the highlight is for the tops of your cheek bones, the outer half of the brow bone, also maybe a little down the nose and on the cupids bow on the top lip. It’s a beautiful subtle golden colour that’s loved by everyone that uses it.
I apply a little mascara on my eye lashes next, I’ve been testing so many out recently that I couldn’t decide on one to show. I like length, colour and definition with something like the IT Cosmetics Superhero or Armani Eccentrico both give.
Next up is eye brows. I’ve long been a long time fan of Fleur De Force eyebrow products so this double ended brow define pencil is perfect for filling in those pesky sparse areas. With both a darker and a light shade, it covers all bases.
If the eye shadow isn’t dark enough for an evening look, freshen it up a little with a subtle shimmer of the Havana Mac eye shadow. A little in the crease is all it needs to make the look pop!
Last up is this gorgeous Collection eye liner – it’s a hard nibbed pen is great for creating a perfect cat eye flick or a subtle line to make your lashes look a little thinker. The long handle allows for precise movement and application and the formula is long lasting.
Finish the look with a killer lipstick. My favourite is the Charlotte Tilbury in Pillow Talk, a beauty of a colour that looks like your lips but better. Perfect for everyday. The second is this pretty Tom Ford creation in Indian Rose. It’s a perfect nude pink to pull any look together and a perfect way to make your make up look and feel a so special. Perfect for a birthday meal or a wedding!
Let me what do you think of the products used and if you’ve been liking any message me over on Twitter to let me know.