The weather is starting to get colder and I’ve been loving plenty of transitional pieces in September so I thought I would share a few of my favourites with you this month.
First up is a fashion favourite, a gorgeous pair of pearlescent Superga trainers. I was given these by my lovely husband for our wedding anniversary in September and I’ve been wearing them every since. They go with everything and look so stylish and I mustn’t for get to tell you how comfy these trainers are. They needed no wearing in and I’ve walked so far in them already. I’m thinking of going back to get the black leather ones with the white sole soon too. I think they’ve started an obsession.
Next up is a book, I Heart Forever by Lindsay Kelk. I’m a big fan of all of her books especially the I Heart Series that follows Angela and her friends so when the most recent instalment was released in September I hot footed it down to my nearest shop to get it. I do love delving into the world of books especially when it’s cold, wet and windy and I read this within just a few days. It’s a great read and it has a real cliff hanger at the end of the book too so go and have a read.
Next up is a mascara that I was ultra keen to try out. It’s the Paradise Extatic mascara by L’oreal. It has beautiful matte and shiny rose old packaging which looks expensive. I love the brush size and shape as it gets to all of those hard to reach eye lashes but still maintaining the ease of use. The formulation of the mascara is great too and it gives amazing length while combing through and separating the lashes.
The Pixi 24K Eye Elixir is a recent purchase and it’s one that I loved straight away. It’s a great multi tasking product as it has plenty of anti- aging properties that will help with freshening the eyes and the roller ball itself that you can also pop in the fridge for a ice cold treat for the eyes. I feel so awake after using it and it’s ultra delicate too.
Bobbi Brown have recently brought out the Crushed Lip Colours and I’m loving using these fab colours in the past month. The one that I went for the most is the colour Bare – it’s a lovely darker nude that really looks great at this time of year. The product itself feels like a lip balm but has a deep colour pay off and they aren’t drying either. Perfect!
Last up is this Candle from Tiptree at Wilkin and Sons. This company is really close to where I live and they’re normally known for their yummy marmalades and jams but they’ve also branched out into making other products too. We’ve tried the diffuser in the Lemon Curd Scent and it was amazing – it smells just like freshly baked lemon meringue pie. The smell makes my mouth water every time I get a whiff so I thought I should pick up the candle too. They’re organically made and naturally sourced which is a bonus. They also have tiny versions of these so that you can sample a few so if you spot them anywhere do go and have a sniff.
Let me know if you have been loving any of these products a much as me or if you’re off to order some of them after reading my favourites.
Wednesday Autumnal Wishlist!
Autumn is that transitional time of year when the lighter layers and the boots come out and it’s one of my favourite times of year. I mean who doesn’t love Halloween and Fireworks night. I thought I would gather together a few of my favourite bits in the shops right now to show you.
Chanel – City Lights Palette
First up is this beautiful Limited Edition Chanel City Lights Palette . Four pretty Autumnal colours, there’s a natural pink to illuminate, an auburn toned brown, a grey toned brown both to blend over the eye and a deep brown to add depth. They’re all different textures matte, satin, iridescent and metallic. They make for a really gorgeous look and it’s one that everyone should go and test out.
Mint Velvet – Rose Gold Metallic Ombre Knit
I must really be really loving this metallic trend because this is the second item in this Wishlist. This Rose Gold Metallic Ombre Knit from Mint Velvet is a really pretty colour with a fab warm knit. I’m loving the ribbed effect as the style really reminds me of a Victoria Beckham jumper that has been all over Instagram. It’s also in the sale so I might just rush out and buy it now.
H and M – Monkey Patterned Skirt
I love my basics but occasionally I love a beautiful item to change up my wardrobe a little and this gorgeous monkey patterned skirt from H and M is that item. It’s super neutral and would be fab with a neutral jumper and heels or boots. I love it!
New Look – Black Floral Print Pocket Front Midi Shirt Dress
At this time of year I love wearing tea dresses and shirt dresses with a little warm jacket or a jumper. This gorgeous black floral print pocket front midi shirt dress from New Look is a perfect dress to do that with. It would be so pretty with a high sock boot, which is so on trend right now.
Office – Logan Point Chelsea Boots
Lastly I’ve chosen these Logan Point Chelsea Boots from Office . I live in a heeled chelsea boot in the Autumn. They’re so flattering on the legs, and they really do go with everything. You could wear these with a dress and tights or with a pair of jeans and the wide heel is also great if it gets a little frosty too. This particular pair are also currently in the sale. Bargain!
What items have you been picking up now the weather has got a little colder, and will you be picking up any of these items? Let me know in the comments below or on twitter.
I love when there’s a new shop opening, I was invited down to Chelmsford for the opening of the brand new Dr Martens shop on Bond Street and the celebrations did not disappoint. People flocked to the shop with queues seeping into the town centre, to see the new products and the local band that were performing. With influences such as The Clash and The Streets, Ratboy had the crowd both inside and outside the shop working up a storm. People bounced, chanted and sung along with them as they enjoyed not one but two sets due to how many people there were.
There was cool art work and Dr Martens products also all around the shop for people to enjoy and I picked out a few of my favourite pieces. First up are these gorgeous Magdalena Aunt Sally boots, they’ll go with anything as they’re so versatile. They’ll work fabulously with a dress and cardi for the Autumn and for the Winter they’ll go great with jeans and a warm jumper.
I love these Vonda boots – with the iconic Dr Martens flat boot and red embroidered roses, this stunner will make any outfit. They’re a stand out boot, and ones that you’ll want to bring out year after year. The Tassel Brando Leather Saddle bag is a roomy bag with a card holder slot inside. It’s a beautiful colour with an over the shoulder strap and is one that will get many people talking too.
Are you loving any of the Dr Martens products talked about? If so let me know in the comments below or on my Twitter.
I’m off to Berlin next week with my husband as it’s our wedding anniversary – three years, how did that even happen. The weather is getting colder so I’ve put together a few things that might be nice to wear for this special trip away.
1. First up is this gorgeous red and black skirt from H and M, it’s the star style of skirt for the season and the print of this one is so pretty. It will go perfectly with a black t-shirt or an all in one and a leather jacket.
2. Next up is this gorgeous long sleeve black and white spot dress from New Look. In the Autumn I live in these dresses with heels and a cute cardigan or jacket. This one is perfect for walking around the city, and exploring, teamed with some trainers.
3. Next up is this gorgeous Ted Baker dress. I love the Kyoto Gardens pattern and the style, it’s so effortless to wear. Teamed with a pair of heels and a pale jacket it’s perfect for a wedding but teamed with cardi or a leather jacket and some heels. This outfit is perfect for an anniversary meal.
4. I saw someone wearing a beautiful and unique pair of Converse on the train the other day. I spend most of my time running errands, and walking a lot of miles especially when exploring a new city like Berlin so this black leather pair of Converse with white soles seemed perfect. They’ll go with everything.
5. Debenhams shoe hall is full of amazing designer dupes. I love these Faith lace up boots particularly as they’re really fab dupes for the Gucci heels that are everywhere right now. They’ll go with skirts and jeans and see you right through Winter too. Bonus!
6. Finally I’ve been looking for a red bag for the last few months that would go with my wardrobe and I think this might be the one. As I’ve said before red is going to be big this season, so this Belsize bag from Hobbs with it’s cross strap and its smaller size will be great for travelling as well as every day use.
Have you been loving any of the items in this weeks wish list? Let me know in the comments below or over on my Twitter.
The weather is starting to get a little colder and that means that the knits, jeans and jackets are out. It’s actually my favourite time of the year as I love layers and the fashion. So with that in mind I thought a voucher for one of my favourite online shops would be perfect for a giveaway. Yes, £20 for ASOS.
If you want to enter all you have to do is add me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with the chart below. A little added extra is to retweet a little message to all your friends to let them know about the competition. The competition is open to UK only and it ends on Monday 2nd October.
* Due to popular demand I’ve decided to extend this competition to Saturday 6th October.
Good Luck, I hope you win!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I love a good wish list and I’ve put together one with lots of products for Autumn. Fresh colours, lots of textures but also fun stylish pieces. Keep reading if you want to know more.
1. First up is this gorgeous black dress bodycon with polo neck, it’s a gorgeous yet simple number that would be equally stylish with a jacket and Converse, thigh high flat boots or heels. A perfect basic for Autumn!
2. Red is going to be really big this season and these bright red Asos tailored, high waisted balloon tapered trousers are perfect for showing off this trend. Such a beautiful colour. Keep it simple with a plain camisole and jacket.
3. Everyone needs something cute in their wardrobe and this Asos cat t-shirt is super cute! A t-shirt is perfect for lounging around the house but will look amazing teamed with a mini skirt, leather jacket and heels.
4. I’ve been on the hunt for a quirky yet classic little bag and this Karl Lagerfeld Ikonic shoulder bag seems right up my street. Karl Lagerfeld bags are bold, different but somehow they always stay classic and on trend to the end. I love the size, and shape. It will really make every outfit pop.
5. You can never beat a fab pair of pjs to cheer you up when you’re down and to make you feel ultra pampered. These ASOS Space Tee and leggings combo are perfect!
6. The shearling jacket has been huge this past year and the trend shows no signs of disappearing. I found this Boohoo contrast aviator style jacket . It’s super cool and will keep you toasty warm too. I might be jumping to buy this one before it sells out.
7. Last but by no means least are these swish Pretty Little Thing pearl embellished jeans. I love this trend as it’s so delicate and bold. It’s a statement design that only a few people can get away with. Have you tried them?
Have you been loving any of these products, or maybe you recently purchased some of these. Let me know in the comments below or on my Twitter!
There are so many beautiful things in the shops at the moment and I thought that I would share a few of my favourite pieces. Here’s my Wednesday Wishlist!
1.First up is this gorgeous floral print ruffle dress from Missguided. This dress is so effortless and pretty. It would be perfect with a little pair of heels in the Autumn or a pair of ankle boots and jacket.
2.Next up is a brand that I have written about many times before Olivia Burton. You know me, I love anything with a bee on it and this open ended bee bracelet is ultra gorgeous – It would add that perfect final touch to any outfit!
3.I noticed this daisy print by a brand called Nobody’s Child on Asos the other day and I’ve been day dreaming of it ever since. It’s so pretty with the polka dots on the dark background with a small floral print. Short dresses are so in right now too.
4.I’m a big fan of peplum tops when they’re done well and this high necked lace peplum top from Missguided is really cute. Missguided definitely really are killing it with their latest collection this season!
5. I love designer accessories like everyone but I’m not always so keen on the price tag that comes with them so when this Prada-esque bag from New Look popped up on my screen recently I went a little crazy. It fits so much in and would be perfect for any outfit. It’s a must buy.
6. The last dress that I’ve picked out is this pretty Oasis meets ZSL dress. It’s covered in animals of all kinds hiding in the foliage. It’s so pretty and kinda bold too so I just had to pop it in the wishlist. I love the plunge neckline as it’s perfect for an evening out or just a summers day enjoying the sun.
7. Last but no means least is the GHD curling wand. Curled hair is always in and I would love to use a curling wand that makes a curly hair style a little quicker to put together and I think this might be the wand to help with that. They’re expensive but really worth the money.
Are you loving these products as much as me? Are you planning to buy any of these or do you already own some of them? Let me know over on my twitter.
Over the weekend the weather was lovely so we hot footed it down to Colchester Castle Park and took some pictures along the way. Baukjen are predominately online store, the clothes are amazing quality and it’s a shop that I consistently spend hours looking at so when they were lovely enough to send me some gorgeous clothing from their sale, I was super happy and you know me, I can’t resist a picture.
First up is this classic jersey cream jacket. I love to wear it with a pair of trainers and a denim skirt as it adds an extra special touch to any casual outfit. It would be perfect for the office or for going to the ballet.
The star print t-shirt has a tiny piece of my heart as it really is a dream to wear. A star print always grabs my attention because it’s still quite a sophisticated print. The style is casual yet classy and it will look great on everyone especially teamed with dainty layered necklaces which is a big look at the moment.
I love a good black jersey skirt especially at this time of year as it’s ultra cool and so flattering. The style is perfect for an evening out teamed with a black v-neck top and heels but also is equally sassy paired with this t-shirt, leather jacket and trainers. The splits at the side add a slightly daring touch too.
This beautiful cream/white dress is great to throw on for the office but if you team it with a leather or denim jacket and you’re favourite heels, it will also be fab for an evening out on the town too. The pleated material at the middle also hides a multitude of sins. Perfect!
Have you checked out the sale at Baukjen yet, maybe you’re planning to pick up a few items or have already? Let me know in the comments below or find me at @emilyhearts64 on Twitter.
* in collaboration with the lovely people over at Baukjen
I’ve had my eye on this little bag for a number of weeks now, as the Katie Loxton items are stocked at one of the shops near me. I’m always going over to see which one would best suit outfits. I thought though, instead of keeping this gorgeous silver/ dusky pink Hello Gorgeous bag for myself I’ve decided to give it away to one of my lovely followers.
All you have to do is follow me on Twitter, retweet this message about the competition as many times as you like and an extra option is to follow me on Instagram if you haven’t already using the box below. If you’re already following me on this Twitter and Instagram, just retweet my message about the competition and let more people know about it.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The weather is wet! If you’re going to a festival, take a poncho – lunch on a rooftop garden, you might want to take an umbrella, thinking of going to the beach this weekend – forget about it! It’s been raining for three weeks and the outside fun has officially been put on hold.
It’s even turned a little chilly so why not reach into your wardrobe for that Spring jacket. You know the one you thought you wouldn’t need until next year, well at least for the next few days until the weather has gets its act together.
I’ve been teaming my New Look embroidered faux leather jacket with summer skirts like this stripy one from Oasis, a black Topshop cami with cute New Look white slip on trainers and the mini Michael Kors bag. It’s keeping me warm as well as helping me look a little stylish. I’ve even popped this Blossoming Gifts Summer Cocktail Bouquet with it to brighten up my look. I love the Lilies, mini Sunflowers, and Stocks. They’re so bright and make me happy.
If you’re looking to brighten up your dreary day too, get your flowers from Blossoming Gifts!
Stay warm and stylish!
*in collaboration with the lovely people at blossoming gifts