The Spring weather is finally looking as though it’s on it’s way. The flowers are out in full bloom, there are blankets of daffodils over gardens and grassy areas everywhere and the sun although a little intermitent, is defiantly sneaking through the clouds and light rain. It’s my most favourite time of the year. I’ve been dreaming about floral patterns and pastel coloured clothes and I was asked by Ikrush to pick out a few of my favourite items I think you’ll agree there’s a theme in this wishlist.
1. This Aliana Mesh black body con is a corker of a dress. It would be perfect for an event, whether a sassy hen night, a wedding, or a cocktail party it’ll be a show stopper.
2. Shirt dresses are big for Spring. They’re so easy to wear with a little denim jacket and trainers for a colder day or a pair of heels on a hotter day. I love the floral print as it’s so pretty, and the Evie Floral Shirt dress is perfect. Such floaty material and so feminine.
3. My top pick of the Wish list is this Lolita Bodycon Frill Midi Dress. It’s seriously beautiful. The colour is bright, the style is super cute. The tie around the waist and the frill on the skirt are really pretty editions and makes it the perfect party dress. Add a black leather jacket and heels for a cool look, or a nude shoe to be fun yet classic .
4. The Anyelle Lace Skater dress is really pretty. The long sleeve lace is perfect for the cooler weather that we’ve been getting. It’s really stylish but delightfully classic too. Team the dress with a light pink or nude pointed heel. Perfect!
5. Lastly I’ve chosen the Daijah Bardot Floral Midi dress. The pink and grey floral design is what caught my eye because it’s really pretty. I also love that it’s also bardot style. I love this dress with barely there heels, just with a few straps.
Let me know if you’re loving these Ikrush party dresses as much as me or if you like any other Spring style dresses from Ikrush in the comments below or over on Twitter.
*in collaboration with the lovely people over at Ikrush.
I’m always looking for a gorgeous dress that will see me through some of the most important events of the year. Weddings, parties, Christenings or just a posh but fun little garden party with your friends and family. When I was sent this Cari’s Closet dress of dreams, I was certain that this was going to be in my wardrobe for a long time.
Cari’s Closet are a well known brand based in Ireland. They provide dresses fit for the red carpet or a special occasion with plenty of on trend treats that have often been seen on catwalks. The designs are cutting edge and I’ve loved looking through their site looking at the beautiful dresses especially when you see that the price is a little more affordable than their counter parts.
The dress I chose is a stunning example of understated fashion, this Alex Lace lilac midi dress has perfect Self Portrait vibes and will stand out at any event of importance. The textures are pretty and pastels are unsurprisingly bigger than ever this season so it’s definitely on trend. The dress is surprisingly easy to wear and it goes really well with a really gorgeous pair of heels. A basic nude pair if you want the dress to do all the talking or if you’re like me and want a bit of va va boom these Asos silver sparkle shoes really set the outfit off.
Have you discovered Cari’s Closet yet? Let me now your thoughts in the comments below or over on Twitter.
The cold and snowy weather this week has been making me dream of warmer Spring beginnings with tulips and daffodils. I am loving the new collections at River Island and I’m having to stop myself from buying everything in sight so I thought that I would put together some of my favourite pieces that stood out to me this season.
1. First up is this gorgeous Brown Floral print high low hem maxi dress. The print is super pretty. Team this with a pair of boots and a denim jacket as the weather gets warmer and it’s perfect for those special family events or an evening out.
2. I love a awesome wrap around dress as it will see you through both Spring and Summer and be that piece you keep going back too. This navy jacquard frill wrap mini dress is a cute design. Team it with a pair of boots and a jacket or a white pair of Superga trainers and a bright over the shoulder bag. Perfect!
3. Pastels are great in Spring, a little hard to wear at times but this Cream RI Studio Ditsy Frill Maxi Dress is a stand out piece for me. The print is gorgeous and the dress will see your through office meetings, special occasions and even that cheeky bloggers event you have coming up. Team it with a nude boot or shoe and a jacket or maybe a warm jumper to make it more casual and you’ll be fending off people asking all about it.
4. This simple Pink Floral Print Wrap Cami mini is Spring in a dress. Team with a bright pair of drop earrings and a heel for the evening or a pair of converse and a leather jacket for the day. Ultra stylish!
5. A maxi dress should be a staple in every wardrobe, whether thats for a day time look or an evening outfit that you want to make a statement with, they cover everything. This Black floral polka halter maxi dress is super cool with the polka dot print, it’ll see you through the warmer months.
Let me now what you think of these fab dresses in this wish list in the comments below or over on Twitter.
*in collaboration with the lovely people at River Island
The snowy cold weather has really taken a hold over the UK over recent weeks. We might even be in for a white Christmas which is something that has only happened a few times in my life time. During this cold weather I love to have clothes in my wardrobe that are versatile, that make you look great and will last well too. A great pair of black boots and a parka jacket are two of my favourite staple Autumn/Winter items that every girl needs. they’re also two items that will continue to be in fashion for years to come too so when I saw this F&F parka I knew it would be perfect for keeping me warm as it’s has a part soft faux fur lining and hood that keeps the heat in and blends in with the coat and style. It has plenty of pockets to keep my phone and bits in too. I also love the dip in the back hem and the elasticated cuffs on the sleeves as they also help to keep me extra warm and adds some extra shape to the jacket too. There’s also a draw string on the inside does this too especially as I love to layer a cozy cardigan underneath. The jacket will go with anything but especially a cute dress or just a simple pair of denim jeans.
A good pair of black heeled boots are fab for any wardrobe too because they go with anything and everything. A skirt or jeans, a jumpsuit or maxi dress. These F&F slip on Chelsea boots are tight without being uncomfortable. The heel is just the right height and look great. Bonus is that I can still walk in them!
What are your most favourite staple items that you go back to again and again? Let me know in the comments below or over on Twitter. I’d love to know your thoughts.
* gifted items – in collaboration with F&F clothing.
I love when there’s a new shop opening, I was invited down to Chelmsford for the opening of the brand new Dr Martens shop on Bond Street and the celebrations did not disappoint. People flocked to the shop with queues seeping into the town centre, to see the new products and the local band that were performing. With influences such as The Clash and The Streets, Ratboy had the crowd both inside and outside the shop working up a storm. People bounced, chanted and sung along with them as they enjoyed not one but two sets due to how many people there were.
There was cool art work and Dr Martens products also all around the shop for people to enjoy and I picked out a few of my favourite pieces. First up are these gorgeous Magdalena Aunt Sally boots, they’ll go with anything as they’re so versatile. They’ll work fabulously with a dress and cardi for the Autumn and for the Winter they’ll go great with jeans and a warm jumper.
I love these Vonda boots – with the iconic Dr Martens flat boot and red embroidered roses, this stunner will make any outfit. They’re a stand out boot, and ones that you’ll want to bring out year after year. The Tassel Brando Leather Saddle bag is a roomy bag with a card holder slot inside. It’s a beautiful colour with an over the shoulder strap and is one that will get many people talking too.
Are you loving any of the Dr Martens products talked about? If so let me know in the comments below or on my Twitter.
floral maxi dress with splits. It’s so pretty and very feminine. My bomber jacket of choice is the denim bomber jacket. It’s a beautiful colour and so on trend and really makes this outfit. It’s easy to wear and it doesn’t look out of place, in fact it makes this outfit more casual and I love that it would be great for an evening out down the pub or even a picnic. Let me know what you think of the New Look bomber jacket trend and whether you’ll be getting one in the comments below. Happy Shopping!
New Look and check out their range. What do you think of these boots and the New Look collection? Let me know in the comments below. Happy shopping! * PR sample
This dress was a big hit on my honeymoon. I got copious amounts of compliments on my dress with people asking where and when I’d got it, my hubby also loved it too. I fell in love with the white pattern on the front, it’s so pretty. It is made of thick lycra material but it turns out that this was quite good to wear in Cuba because the evenings were quite warm with slight breeze which was nice so this dress kept me at the right temperature. For dinner in the evening I teamed the dress with these cute hansel T-bar Topshop Sandals which are available for £10 in the sale at the moment. If we went out for drinks in the evening or on to a club I would match it with my high black heels. The bonus is that I’ve just noticed this gorgeous celebrity lace body con dress is just £4.99 in the sale. Check it out now because this dress will sell out quickly. Happy Shopping!
Dorothy Perkins have some really gorgeous products this season. Here I have picked a few of my favourites’ and they may even be on my wish list too. They can all be enjoyed in the amazing spring almost summer weather we’ve been having but also will look lovely layered up for those colder days. I am loving beautiful dresses at the moment, I love wearing them with cute leggings and this black and white floral dress is just perfect for the special occasions or you could even layer it with a black jacket for an interview. It is a great price at £38 too. This Fiorelli bag has everything I love in a bag. Stripes, fake brown leather, short handles, a long strap for going over the shoulder and it’s a great size. At £55 the price is a bit high but it’s great for such a brilliant brand. Every Fiorelli bag I have had has lasted so well. I have a family blessing to go to next month and this gorgeous dress is just perfect for the event. It’s suitable on trend with this lovely blush top with lace detail and the black skirt. It will look amazing with a black pair of heels and a black or white jacket. Again a brilliant price at £38. Bargain. This daisy skirt is lovely, the pattern is very trendy for the season and the style is very similar to Victoria Beckhams’ signature design. Team it with a plain T-shirt or long sleeve top. These coral and floral print high court shoes are just gorgeous and at £29 they are good quality. They would perhaps even go with bridesmaids dresses to give them a suitably gorgeous twist. There is also a matching hand bag. Perfect! You know that I love stripes and this sheer stripe floral print top in no exception. I’m in love and I’m sure that this will be making it’s way into my wardrobe very soon. It will look great whatever the style and at £18 it’s perfect. DP also have a 25% discount in store and online until Sunday 16th March. Bonus! Are you loving DP? What have you been buying recently? Let me know in the comments below. Happy Shopping!
Video Games This is an easy one. There have been some big games released in the run up to Christmas, so I’m going to suggest a few of the most popular ones here, just have a quick flick through his collection to make sure you’re not getting a duplicate. Men absolutely love it when a girl buys them video games, so any of these will be an instant hit. Call of Duty – Ghosts – http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CFARTD4 Grand Theft Auto 5 – http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0062KIC2A Battlefield 4 – http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BT9DTCM FIFA 14 – http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CECVR36