My birthday is coming up really soon and there are so many things that I love at the moment. I thought I would pop together some items/ ideas that I would love to receive for my birthday.
1. First up is this gorgeous Vivienne Westwood necklace. I’ve had the orb earrings for a while and I constantly wear them so I’d love to have the necklace too. They just go with everything and really make an outfit look more stylish.
2. I’ve been travelling quite a bit recently, my little suitcase that I’ve had since university has seen better days. I love the Ted Baker suitcases, they’re always so pretty and this black one is super cute. I also love the some of the suitcases from River Island too.
3. I’m a huge fan of bees, I especially love Alex Monroe bee necklace my husband gave me for my 30th birthday so it’s super special to me. This Olivia Burton bee bracelet is a really great match for the necklace. Anything bee related is a winner for me.
4. I’m a big fan of Jo Malone fragrances and the perfume that I am loving at the moment is Nectarine Blossom and Honey. It’s such a summery fragrance and is supposed to remind you of Covent Garden early in the morning. Covent Garden is one of my favourite places to go in London so this is perfect.
5. One of my favourite shops at the moment is Joules as they have so many amazing designs and prints. It’s right up my street especially this gorgeous Julia Pleated Jersey dress. The fabric is super soft, and will definitely keep me cool in the warmer English weather.
6. As I’ve said before anything with a bee on is a winner in my book and I’ve loved these intricate Olivia Burton Bee watches since they originally came out. It would take pride of place on my wrist and would make every outfit look amazing.
7. My current computer is quite old and some of the buttons occasionally don’t work so I’m well in need of a new computer. My ideal would be an iPad/ iPad pro or a Mac Book Pro as they’re so easy to use.
Are you loving any of these pieces. Tweet me and let me know.
I’ve written a few gift guides now but I thought that I would collate some of the things that I’m hoping to see under the Christmas tree in a wish list.
The first is an amazing scent from Jo Malone. Every time I go into the shop I find another fragrance I love, they just have so many scents and they all layer so well too. My favourites at the moment are Wood Sage and Sea Salt, Mimosa and Cardamon, Peony and Blush Suede , Blue Agave and Cacao and Velvet Rose and Oud. So yummy smelling!
I love Kate Spade and I love the collections that she brings out. The most recent is this gorgeous bunny rabbit set and this phone case with bunny ears with the quote “I’m all ears”. is the cutest. It’s relatively inexpensive and would be fab for a stocking filler.
Next up is this amazing smart watch from Guess. This phone does so much. I’m really into running and fitness at the moment and it has a fitness tracker, you can also connect your phone so you can get your emails and texts on your watch which comes in very handy if your at work and also on a run. It also does so much more too. The watch itself looks amazing too.
This Karen Millen jacket is so cool. The shade of red is beautiful and is a military design not overly so it’s so stylish. It’s warm and would look great with most of the clothes in my wardrobe for this time of year.
Health and Fitness is on my mind quite a lot of the time and so the Apple watch is a perfect addition. It works in much the same way as the Guess watch as it’s great for tracking your steps, health and fitness, keeps your messages and emails are at your finger tips, and it has much more besides. It also looks amazing too.
You can’t have too much make up and this Dolce Vita palette from Charlotte Tilbury is one that I’ve had my eye on for quite some time. The brown and glitter colours of the palette are quite something. They’re easy to wear, they blend delicately and the main glitter shade can be packed on to the eye lid for an ultra festive look. Perfect!
I saw this pretty and delicate Rose Gold Organic ring from Accessorise recently in store. It reminds me of the Monika Vinader River ring . It’s so stylish and sits beautifully on the hand with a twinkle. It also is great for stacking rings too, a trend that is becoming bigger in the past few years.
Finally a Neom candle, a brand that Kate, Duchess of Cambridge herself has. This specific candle is Pine, Myrrh and Lime and smells devine and so do all of the candles especially the Christmas collection. One of my other favourite candles is Maroccan Blush Rose, Lime and Black Pepper. It actually smells of Turkish Delight, a smell that is so yummy.
What is on your Christmas Wish List? Let me now in the comments below.
Some of my favourite pressies to get at Christmas are fragrances but they can also be some of the hardest things to buy if your lady is specific about what she smells like. I thought that I would tell you about some of my favourites and maybe it will give you a bit of inspiration.
1. I remember loving the original Poison scent as a little girl and thinking that it was what a perfume should really smell like, with it’s identifiable strong but addictive smell. Dior recently brought out Poison Girl, which is an updated slightly younger scent and I was equally obsessed straight away. With it’s simplistic notes of mouthwatering bitter orange, mid notes of grass rose and finally base notes of Venezuelan Tonka Bean it’s one fragrance that has to be smelt to be believed.
2. My Burberry by Burberry is one of my favourite winter fragrances. I loved the meaning behind the bottle with the huge button from the iconic rain jackets as the lid and the scent essentially bottling an english garden in the rain. The fragrance is so warm and musky and perfectly prepared so when they updated the fragrance this season I had to have a sniff. My Burberry Black has top notes of a sun-drenched jasmine flower, the heart notes are of the signature rose but candied with sweet twist and it settles to release peach nectar. The base notes are of beautiful amber and patchouli. Every lady would love this sitting under the tree.
3. If you’ve been reading Emily Hearts for a while now, you’ll know that I’m a big fan of Modern Muse Red so when Modern Muse Nuit by Estee Lauder was released this year I was a little sceptical. Could a fragrance ever smell more beautiful than that of MM Red? It really does smell gorgeous, more seductive, so alluring and very deeper and dark. The midnight blue and gold bottle lures you in for the top notes of mandarin and blackberry buds, which settles to bring out the floral heart of blue camomile and beautiful jasmine. This subtly brings base notes of sandalwood, patchouli, tonga bean, vanilla, amber and finally musk. It’s perfect!
4. If Stella McCartney fragrances aren’t normally your thing, you might well love this one. Pop by Stella McCartney is intricate, bright with woody but floral textures. It smells very contemporary and makes me very positive every time I smell it. The fragrance starts with the subtlety of tomato leaves, violet leaves, and green mandarin which then moves onto heart notes of violet, tuberose, and plumeria which I love. It has lasting base notes of sandalwood, cedarwood, and musk. It’s just gorgeous.
5. I always tried to keep away from Jo Malone fragrances because I knew that if I gave in I would love all of their fragrances. This is certainly the case and Cardamon and Momosa is my trusty favourites which everyone is sure to love. This one is another oriental floral scent with honeyed, golden mimosa that sings above the spiciness of the cardamon. Along with this are notes of creamy tonga bean, smooth sandalwood and last but not least Damask Rose settles in as the base notes. It’s mesmerising and this fragrance would be perfect for anyone that loves their scents.
What fragrances do you love at the moment and which ones will you be putting under someones tree? Let me know in the comments below.
Starting from the bottom right hand corner, I’ve been loving the new Stabucks Gingerbread Latte’s with Soya Milk. They’re super yummy although I can’t be drink many of them, they are nice to warm you up in this cold weather.
Mac recently brought out their Nutcracker collection. It’s one of my favourite ballets along with Romeo and Juliet so I love the music which they always have on. The make up is beautiful and the nutcrackers themselves and packaging are is this awesome pink and plum colours. The actually products are pretty cool too and there are quite a few gems in this collection.
You know I always love a good quote so this one seemed a positive vibe to think about.
The weather has finally started to get colder and so some of the products that have been keeping me cozy are this fab Phase Eight scarf, the fab ankle boots are from Office, the Jo Malone perfume is the the Blue Agave and Cacao. The black top underneath is from New Look and the lippie is from Chanel. Perfect. I’m sure I’ll be writing a post about this soon enough.
My October favourites post is up on the Emily Hearts so go and check it out.
You all know how much I love The Den in Colchester andI’m always here at least once throughout the weekend. They had lemon cupcakes today and it’s all vegan. Super cool!
Just over the road is the cutest of flower shops called Dily’s and they had a lot of Christmas plants and trees out. Just so cute.
I went along to my favourite shops Fenwicks to try on a few dresses for a wedding that I’m going to this week. Left it a little late but I found this fab bright blue Phase Eight dress and it looks amazing on. It might have to find it’s way into my wardrobe for the winter months.
Finally I had to take a pic of the Christmas Collection from Jo Malone. It’s beautiful especially with the masquerade pattern. Perfect.
What have you been loving this week and what’s been on your Instagram this week?
Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette
I bought this at a recent blogger event with Really Ree and I’ve loved using it every since I bought it. I use mainly two of the powders, dim light which is a really subtle that gives a light colour but mainly makes your skin look incredible. The other powder that I’ve been using a lot is Incandescent light, a shade that is very much a highlighter and it’s gorgeous.
Jo Malone Blue Agave and Cacao Fragrance
My holiday in Mexico seems like so long ago now, it’s actually only 5 weeks ago that we got back. This fragrance brings back so many memories even though I only picked it up on the plane home. I’ve actually mention this fragrance to the lovely ladies in Jo Malone and they’ve said that it’s now been discontinued which is such a shame as it’s gorgeous. If you can get your hands on any still left in the shop, I’d buy as much as possible.
Sunkissed Bronze Professional Self -Tan Mousse
I came back to work with this self tan sitting on my desk and although I waited a little while before using it, (I was in denial about my tan fading). I now use this around once a week and it really does the job of topping up the colour and giving you a healthy glow. If you haven’t tried this, you really should.
Clarins Mascara Supra Volume
I’ve been using this mascara ever since I was sent this from Clarins and I really love it. My lashes look amazing when I’ve used it as they are just so long and have such a lot of volume. You have to give this a go if you haven’t already.
Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 08 Plum Shimmer
The Clarins Instat Natural lip perfectors are one of the gems of Clarins. They are gorgeous and and they have a great colour pay off. Plum is is a really deep berry colour and it really makes me feel like I’ve made an effort when I wear it.
Chanel Rouge Allure Ink Matte Liquid Lip Colour – 104 Amoureux
The Chanel Rouge Allure Ink Matte Lip colour in Amoureux is a beautiful pink nude. I love to wear this for everyday looks and although I like a matte lip products, i also love to add a little gloss to the centre of the bottom lip for a more friendly feel. It a combination that I’ve been wearing all month long and I can’t wait to wear it more.
Blistex Relief Creme
The weather change has meant that my lips have really begun to suffer so Blistex has been a bit of a saviour this month. I love this product even though I’m not keen the application of this product just I don’t like to get my hands into my products. I can overlook this when it sorts out my badly chapped lips so quickly and keeps them feeling silky smooth every time I wear it.
What have you been loving this month and do you love any of these products? Let me know in the comments below or on twitter.
I recently went to Mexico, an amazing place for a holiday for anyone that is planning on going. When I was waiting for our flight home and milling around the shops in the airport, I came across a Jo Malone stand. Jo Malone often make limited fragrances specifically for events of interest or for each country it gets brought to and when I came across this beautiful fragrance called Blue Agave and Cocoa I was intrigued.
The fragrance uses two of the main products of Mexico as it’s juice of a blue Agave plant that is made into Tequila. The Blue Agave is the heart of the scent giving it an exotic floral notes. The second product is that of Cocao which is the pure version of chocolate. It gives the scent a kick of bitterness with settles to a lovely warmth. Along with these two ingredients, the top notes of Key Lime and Sea Salt gives a revitalising yet fruity side. When I smelt it I did a little dance because it smells amazing and I had to buy it straight away. Such a brilliant way to have memories of a truly beautiful place.
Let me know if you have been to the Jo Malone counter in Mexico and smelt this yourself in the comments below.