Mother’s Day is rapidly approaching with just a few days to go. While some people don’t make a big deal of this day I remember as a kid, creeping downstairs to make my mum breakfast, normally orange juice and jammy toast with some treats to take up to her in bed. We show the lovely ladies in our lives that we care about them everyday in our own ways but Mothers day for me is a time to really spoil them. More importantly a day when we’re actually aloud to spoil them too. I wanted to pull together some of my favourite items to gift to my mum.
1. Even if you get the ladies in your life nothing else, make sure you give them some flowers. Not everyone likes them because the beauty has to come to an end at some point but for the majority, you’ll put a huge smile on their faces that won’t disappear for a while. These gorgeous flowers – the Spring Meadow bouquet are from Bloom and Wild.
2. Make up is a personal yet perfect choice for Mother’s day. Bobbi Brown have some beautiful products and covers a range of colours and styles. These Crushed Lip Colour Lipsticks are stunning and there’s a colour for everyone so they’re perfect as a present. My favourite is Lilac as it’s soft yet definitely a statement.
3. Katie Loxton London is well known for her purses and pouches but she also does amazing scarfs. I love this slate grey Love Love Love Scarf, it’s so stylish and would be a fab addition to anyones wardrobe.
4. If you’re feeling a little spendy, Liz Earle is a skin care brand that is well loved and this set includes some of the star products. The Cleanse and Polish with 2 cotton cloths, Instant Boost Skin Tonic, Skin Repair Moisturiser and the Superskin Eye Cream and it comes with a blossom design make up bag. It’s luxurious and it really works. Your skin will feel silky smooth and look amazing too so what better pressie to get for your loved ones!
5. A great fresh smelling candle to make your room feel ultra cozy is something most ladies love. This White Company Seychelles collection candle is a combination of fresh bergamot, bright orange and rich amber topped off with notes of coconut, vanilla and almond. It oozes luxury and would be perfect for one of those extra special present. It’s also a great price.
6. My final gift choice is this amazing fragrance from Armani – it’s the Si Nacre Edition . It’s one of my current favourite scents especially as it is ultra sparkly when you shake and activate the particles. It’s amazing for those special events and it really does smell amazing. There are top notes of Sicilian Bergamot, Mandarin oil and Cassis. Mid notes of Rose, Neroli and Jasmine. And the base notes are Patchouli and Amber. It’s such a light scent for the Spring/Summer seasons.
Let me know if you’ll be buying any of these lovely products in the comments below or over on Twitter.
When using the product, you want to pop a little amount on the back of your hand then touch a small amount of the superskin eye cream to the eye area around the orbital bone, no closer to the eye. Slowly patting or tapping the area with your little or ring fingers, circling outwards of the eye area and out over any fine lines that you want to target. You want to repeat this around 3 times to allow the product to absorb into the skin. The first thing that I noticed when using this product is that it smells pretty amazing. When I started to use it I saw small results straight away as I felt that my skin was slightly tighter and also it looked as though my skin was glowing. Persistance is key though as to see a real lasting difference in fine lines and brightness etc will take a little longer, around a month onwards. The product itself is great and it also helps the make up in that area go on a little easier which is an added bonus. You can buy this product from your local Liz Earle seller and also on line at £35. Let me know what you thought of the Liz Earle Superskin eye cream in the comments below. Happy shopping!
1. Could you start by telling us a bit about yourself and your blog. I’m Emma, the Em behind Country Girl Em. I work full time as a social worker and blog in my spare time. My blog shares my interests and passions (outside of work) which is mainly beauty based, but I also blog about baking, food and my life. 2. How long have you been blogging for and what inspired you to start it? I’ve only been blogging just over 3 months now, so I am still a relative newbie to the wonderful world of blogging! I have been an avid reader of other blogs and watcher of YouTubers for a while and they inspired me to start my blog alongside my love of writing and wanting to have another interest outside of work. 3. What’s the best thing about having your blog channel? Connecting with other people who have similar interests and being part of an incredibly community of bloggers who are so supportive and welcoming, alongside finding out new ideas and new products to try! 4. What’s you’re top tips for budding bloggers? Go for it! 5. What does a normal day look like for you? I work long hours Monday-Friday and have a stressful and demanding job. When I get home I check my blog and catch up on other blogs. Weekends tend to be more relaxed and that’s when I plan, prepare and write my blog posts. 6. Who’re your biggest style influences? This is a difficult question as I am definitely not a fashionista. I am vertically challenged and on the curvy side of curvy so I do struggle to find fashionable flattering clothes. However I would say my biggest style influence is Kate Moss because I have followed her career since I was very young – I was fascinated by her and absolutely love her relaxed style. 7. Who are your favourite bloggers/vloggers? Well of course Emily Hearts! I also love Really Ree (especially her periscope and new in beauty YouTube videos), Fleur De Force, I Covet Thee, Essie Button, and of course Norfolk’s own Pixiwoo and Tanya Burr! 8. What are your three favourite beauty products right now? Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish, Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate, The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil. 9.What lip product have you got in your hand bag right now? Several… L’Oréal Infallible Gloss in ‘I Got The Power’, Bourjois Aqua Lacque in a peachy coral colour, Revlon Balm Stain in ‘Honey’ and an EOS lip balm in ‘blueberry’. 10.What are your three fashion essentials? I absolutely love handbags so a good bag is a definite essential. I also love nail polish and have quite an extensive collection and I do feel that a pop of colour on your nails can really sharpen a look! 11.What music are you listening to right now? At the moment I have been loving the new Kelly Clarkson album, Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran.