This summer heat wave is crazy. It’s super hot but in turn it’s also made me feel like nothing in my wardrobe is going to cool me off and so I want to pop straight down the shops. I thought I would gather a few things together that I would love to bop in my shopping trolly.
- The Black and white polka dot box shaped shirt from New Look is really cool. Polka dots are huge this season and the style of shirt will tuck into a high waisted pair of shorts for summer and even do for the autumn too. I also love it because as I’m expecting my first child soon, I’m looking for tops that will be great for breast feeding and this is a perfect shape and style too. It’s a must buy and if you can get your hands on it, definately buy.
- Hush is one of my favourite shops for fab dresses and clothes for summer and you can see why with the sweet Lydia Asymmetric Dress. The design is so pretty, feminine and sophisiticated, you can’t go wrong.
- A great jumpsuit is a must have for the summer and this cropped striped linen blend jumpsuit from and Other Stories is super cute. The linen is super cooling and the style is very chic too. It will go with a pair of trainers or sandals and it’ll turn heads where ever you go.
- A dress like the Zhara Lace panel one I’ve picked out from French Connection is a must have in the hotter months. I look for one that is stylish but that doesn’t cling too much and maybe has a touch of lace. This one fits the bill and it’s such a classic style that I’ll be bringing out for years to come too.
- First up are these gorgeous nude Mint Velvet Aria Rose espadrilles. They’re a fab dupe for the Chloe platforms that everyone aves about but besides that they’re so cool. They really go with every outfit and make your legs look incredibly long too.
- Mott Leather Cross Body Bag from Michael Kors. It’s my top pick because it’s a great style that will fit a surprising amount in. I love the light pink version although all the colours available are gorgeous but this one will go with everything and make everything feel super cool and on trend too.
Let me know what products you couldn’t live without and that would be on your summer heat wave wish list in the comments below or over on Twitter. Happy Shopping!
It’s mid week and I’ve been checking out the shops at the moment and even though Spring/Summer is just around the corner, I realised that that most of the things that I’m loving are monochrome and so rock chick. I thought I’d gather them up and pop them into a Wishlist.
1. First up on my Wish List is this gorgeous Emmanuelle shirt dress from Hush. I love the contrast of the red, white and black. The dress is so floaty and would look great with some heels or flats and a cross body bag of dreams. Such a staple look and so easy to create!
2. This lace look Lipsy dress is super cute. I love this straight shift dress style, it’s so flattering and it really covers a multitude of sins. In the Summer it’s great with a denim jacket and sandals, or trainers with a leather jacket for an evening out.
3. A good skirt is something everyone needs in their wardrobe and this gorgeous pleated skirt from Mint Velvet is one that will be a staple especially for work or for a day time look. Pair it with a short sleeved shirt or a little shirt for a cool look.
4. A great pair of leggings that holds you in all the right places, makes you look great and doesn’t get thin and see through when you move in them is a pair to keep. These Mint Velvet Black Tie Bottom Leggings are beauties. Wear them with a cool pair of trainers and a long t-shirt for a casual look that will never go out of fashion.
5. A great ankle boot is something that looks great on everyone. It goes really well with a little boohoo dress in the Spring/Summer Crisp weather. These boots from Marks and Spencers look particularly cool due to the studs. Wear these with a black pair of jeans and a leather jacket to get that super cool biker chick look.
Have you been loving any of these products or have I inspired you with some of these items? Let me know in the comments below.
Wednesday Autumnal Wishlist!
Autumn is that transitional time of year when the lighter layers and the boots come out and it’s one of my favourite times of year. I mean who doesn’t love Halloween and Fireworks night. I thought I would gather together a few of my favourite bits in the shops right now to show you.
Chanel – City Lights Palette
First up is this beautiful Limited Edition Chanel City Lights Palette . Four pretty Autumnal colours, there’s a natural pink to illuminate, an auburn toned brown, a grey toned brown both to blend over the eye and a deep brown to add depth. They’re all different textures matte, satin, iridescent and metallic. They make for a really gorgeous look and it’s one that everyone should go and test out.
Mint Velvet – Rose Gold Metallic Ombre Knit
I must really be really loving this metallic trend because this is the second item in this Wishlist. This Rose Gold Metallic Ombre Knit from Mint Velvet is a really pretty colour with a fab warm knit. I’m loving the ribbed effect as the style really reminds me of a Victoria Beckham jumper that has been all over Instagram. It’s also in the sale so I might just rush out and buy it now.
H and M – Monkey Patterned Skirt
I love my basics but occasionally I love a beautiful item to change up my wardrobe a little and this gorgeous monkey patterned skirt from H and M is that item. It’s super neutral and would be fab with a neutral jumper and heels or boots. I love it!
New Look – Black Floral Print Pocket Front Midi Shirt Dress
At this time of year I love wearing tea dresses and shirt dresses with a little warm jacket or a jumper. This gorgeous black floral print pocket front midi shirt dress from New Look is a perfect dress to do that with. It would be so pretty with a high sock boot, which is so on trend right now.
Office – Logan Point Chelsea Boots
Lastly I’ve chosen these Logan Point Chelsea Boots from Office . I live in a heeled chelsea boot in the Autumn. They’re so flattering on the legs, and they really do go with everything. You could wear these with a dress and tights or with a pair of jeans and the wide heel is also great if it gets a little frosty too. This particular pair are also currently in the sale. Bargain!
What items have you been picking up now the weather has got a little colder, and will you be picking up any of these items? Let me know in the comments below or on twitter.